- 1cup couscous
- 2teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 orange
- 3/4pound snow peas, halved lengthwise
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat the scallops dry and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove 4 strips of zest from the orange. Thinly slice them.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the snow peas, orange zest, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook, tossing, until the snow peas are just tender, about 2 minutes. Serve with the scallops and couscous.