Seared Scallops With Leek Ribbons
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium leeks (white and light green parts), quartered lengthwise and rinsed
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pesto (optional)
- Rinse the scallops and pat them dry with paper towels. Season them with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the scallops and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet and return to medium-low heat. Add the remaining oil and the leeks and toss.
- Cover and cook, turning occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Return the scallops to skillet to rewarm. If using, squeeze on the lemon juice or spoon the pesto over the top. Transfer to individual plates.
- Per Serving
- Calories 251Calories From Fat 30%
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 55mg
- Sodium 757mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 30g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .