- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 6-ounce pieces boneless, skinless salmon
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup pitted oil-cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small head romaine, torn (about 8 cups)
- Steam the potatoes in 1/2 inch water until tender, 16 to 18 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Cook the rosemary and the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil in a small pot over medium heat until the rosemary begins to sizzle, 1 to 2 minutes. Discard the rosemary. Remove from heat; add the olives and vinegar to the oil.
- Serve the fish and potatoes over the romaine, drizzled with the warm dressing.