Seared Salmon With Israeli Couscous Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup Israeli couscous (also called pearl couscous)
- 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions; rinse to cool.
- Combine the couscous, fennel, cucumber, shallot, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and sprinkle with the fennel fronds. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with the couscous salad.
- Per Serving
- Calories 476
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 108mg
- Sodium 477mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 60mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .