- 1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick; about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- pesto, for serving
- Steam the squash in 1 inch of water until tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain and return it to the pot. Add the butter and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and mash to the desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with the coriander, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the thickest chop registers 145° F, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Serve the mashed squash topped with the pork chops and drizzled with pesto.