- 8 small lamb loin chops (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the lamb with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. In 2 batches, brown the chops, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet. Roast to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beans, oil, shallots, mint, capers, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the lamb.