- 4 6-ounce pieces boneless, skinless cod
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- wilted baby spinach, for serving
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook in batches until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine the carrots, almonds, vinegar, orange zest, the remaining ¼ cup of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Serve the carrot-almond dressing over the fish and spinach