- 1 1/2 cups champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds sea-bass fillets (cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup light cream or whole milk
- Place the champagne in a large skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the salt, scallions, and sea bass and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes. Add the cucumbers and cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
- Remove the fish and vegetables from the skillet and keep warm. Increase heat to high and boil the liquid in the skillet, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Blend in the light cream.
- Spoon some sauce onto each of 4 plates. Arrange the vegetables and fish on top.