Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 of a 1-pound box of spaghetti (about 2 cups cooked)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green Italian frying pepper or 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 whole scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- crusty bread for serving
- Cook spaghetti according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the green pepper, scallions, and crushed red pepper (if desired) until tender but not brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the Parmesan and salt; add them to the skillet with the spaghetti and basil. Toss gently over heat until eggs are set.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and crusty bread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 342Calories From Fat 177
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 222mg
- Sodium 564mg
- Protein 17g
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 252mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Long, slender, pale green Italian frying peppers (also called Cubanelles) fry beautifully and lend a sweet flavor to pasta, pizza, and salads. You’ll find them at supermarkets (depending on your region) or summer farmers’ markets.