Scallops With Sweet Cucumber and Mango Salsa
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (such as jasmine)
- 2 mangoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Kirby cucumbers or 1 regular cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mangoes, cucumbers, ginger, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Rinse the scallops and pat them dry with paper towels. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook until golden brown and the same color throughout, about 2 minutes per side. Divide among individual plates and serve atop the rice with the salsa.
- Per Serving
- Calories 477Calories From Fat 17%
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 56mg
- Sodium 518mg
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 34g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .