- 1 8- to 12-ounce package soba noodles or 1/2 16-ounce box whole-wheat spaghetti
- 12 sea scallops
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 6 scallions (white and green parts), halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, plus more to taste
- Cook the soba or spaghetti according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, place the broth and scallions in a pot and bring to a simmer. Add the carrots and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Rinse the scallops. Add to pot and cook until they are the same color throughout, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce.
- Divide the soba or spaghetti among bowls. Ladle the soup over the noodles. Serve with additional soy sauce on the side.