slices bacon, cut into small dice
sea scallops (about 16), patted dry
kosher salt and black pepper
small yellow onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
Yukon gold potatoes, peeled (if desired) and cut into a 1/2-inch dice
dry white wine
corn kernels, fresh (from 2 ears) or frozen
chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- You should have about 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings; if necessary, supplement with olive oil. Increase heat to medium-high. Season scallops with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion to the drippings in the skillet and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, wine, broth, and cream; cover partially and reduce heat. Simmer gently until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the scallops and corn and simmer gently to heat through. Sprinkle with the parsley and bacon.