- 16 dry-packed small sea scallops (about ½ lb.)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives, divided
- 16 rice paper or wonton wrappers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Assemble the dumplings, dividing the scallops, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the chives among the wrappers.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on low until light golden brown. Add 8 dumplings to the skillet in a single layer; cook until crisp and golden, 2 minutes per side. Remove and cook the remaining dumplings. Remove, drizzle with the butter from the skillet, and sprinkle with the remaining chives.