- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 18 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the scallions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, wine, cream, broth, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into individual bowls and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon pepper.