freshly grated Parmesan
kosher salt and black pepper
fresh thyme leaves
flour for work surface
sheet puff pastry
small onion, very thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and thyme and mix well.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to a 9-by-13-inch rectangle and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on top of the pastry, leaving a ½-inch border. Place the onions on top and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Bake until the pastry is light golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, toast the pine nuts until fragrant and golden, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle over the tart.