6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Pan drippings from Classic Roast Turkey
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and pepper
- Strain the pan drippings into a fat separator or large measuring cup. Let stand for 10 minutes. Skim and discard the fat from the surface.
- Place the empty roasting pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes, stirring and scraping to dissolve any bits stuck to the pan. Remove from heat and pour into the cup with the pan juices.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown,
about 5 minutes. Still stirring, slowly add the broth, then the reserved pan juices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer
until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Per Serving
- Calories 137
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 589mg
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Sugar 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 9mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .