- Pan drippings from Classic Roast Turkey
- 1/3cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2cups low-sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and pepper
- Strain the pan drippings into a fat separator or large measuring cup. Let stand for 10 minutes. Skim and discard the fat from the surface.
- Place the empty roasting pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes, stirring and scraping to dissolve any bits stuck to the pan. Remove from heat and pour into the cup with the pan juices.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Still stirring, slowly add the broth, then the reserved pan juices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.