Savory Corn Cobbler
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 cup whole milk
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the jalapeño and scallions. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the corn and broth. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 4 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in the cream, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper. Pour into a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and the remaining salt. Using 2 knives or your fingertips, add the remaining butter, cut into small pieces. Mix until it resembles crumbs. Stir in the thyme and milk. Drop heaping spoonfuls of the batter on top of the corn mixture. Bake for about 50 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 511.91Calories From Fat 63%
- Calcium 184.38mg
- Carbohydrate 42.74
- Cholesterol 109.34mg
- Fat 35.96g
- Fiber 3.23g
- Iron 2.32mg
- Protein 8.57mg
- Sat Fat 21.88g
- Sodium 446.77mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
As with produce, take eggs and milk from the back of the case; older merchandise tends to be pushed forward.