- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3cup (2 ounces) pine nuts
- 10ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 2cups fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the pine nuts and cook until lightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add the spinach, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and cook, tossing occasionally with tongs, until the spinach wilts, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the basil and toss until it wilts, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.