- 2 heads radicchio
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- 5tablespoons olive oil
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano
- Cut each head of radicchio in half lengthwise, and then cut each half into 4 wedges (leave the cores intact; they'll help hold the wedges together). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, anchovies (if using), and 3 tablespoons of the oil; set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the radicchio in a single layer and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the radicchio, add the vinaigrette and oregano, and cook until the radicchio is tender and slightly browned, about 3 minutes more. Serve warm or at room temperature.