- 1/4cup olive oil
- 4 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into half-moons
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 heads escarole, torn into 3-inch pieces (about 20 cups)
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the escarole, red pepper, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and cook, tossing, until tender and beginning to wilt, 3 to 4 minutes.