Sautéed Chicken With Sweet Potatoes and Pears
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken with ⅛ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Sauté the chicken until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, cover, and set aside.
- Add the sweet potato and ½ cup water to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pear and cook for 5 more minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Transfer to a bowl. Toss with the vinegar, mustard, tarragon, ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Divide the chicken among 4 plates. Spoon the vegetables over each entrée.
- Per Serving
- Calories 339
- Calcium 45mg
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Cholesterol 110mg
- Fat 12g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 41mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 288mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This hearty dish is also delicious made with an apple in place of the pear or with pork tenderloin in place of the chicken.