- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 firm pear, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1 1/2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken with ⅛ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Sauté the chicken until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, cover, and set aside.
- Add the sweet potato and ½ cup water to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pear and cook for 5 more minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Transfer to a bowl. Toss with the vinegar, mustard, tarragon, ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Divide the chicken among 4 plates. Spoon the vegetables over each entrée.