long-grain white rice
14-ounce can coconut milk
plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
kosher salt and pepper
large red bell pepper, sliced 1/4 inch thick
large clove garlic, thinly sliced
19-ounce can black beans, drained
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, replacing 1 cup of water with the coconut milk.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the chicken and move it to the sides of the skillet.
- Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until the bell pepper is slightly soft and the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to plates.
- Add the beans, cumin, ¼ teaspoon salt, and the remaining oil to skillet. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve with chicken and rice.