Sautéed Chicken With Corn and Edamame
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a skillet, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Discard the drippings.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and roast until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the edamame and corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Break the bacon into pieces and add to the skillet. Stir in the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Spoon onto plates and serve with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 259Calories From Fat 38%
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 23mg
- Sodium 489mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 18g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Edamame (green Japanese soybeans) are high in fiber and protein and low in fat. Keep them on hand to bulk up pasta and rice or for a nutritious snack.