- 4 ounces sliced bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, fresh (from 2 ears) or frozen
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a skillet, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Discard the drippings.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and roast until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the edamame and corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Break the bacon into pieces and add to the skillet. Stir in the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Spoon onto plates and serve with the chicken.