Sausages With Warm Tomatoes and Hash Browns
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in half the parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Using a spatula, spread the potatoes, pressing into the skillet. Cook until a crust forms, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Break the potatoes apart, flip, and press again. Cook until another crust forms, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until tender and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a second large skillet over medium heat. Prick the sausages with a fork and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to plates.
- Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of the fat from the second skillet. Add the tomatoes and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining parsley. Serve with the sausages and hash browns.
- Per Serving
- Calories 466
- Fat 27g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 71mg
- Sodium 1450mg
- Protein 30g
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Fiber 3g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .