Sausage With Smashed Potatoes and Cornichons
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes (about 18), halved
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 Italian sausage links (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup cornichons, chopped, plus 3 tablespoons of the brine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 small sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla), chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons salt. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausages to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornichon brine, mustard, remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, cornichons, onion, and parsley to the bowl and mix, mashing gently. Cut the sausages into large pieces and serve with the potatoes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 688Calories From Fat 422
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 47g
- Sat Fat 14g
- Calcium 59mg
- Iron 4mg
- Sodium 2111mg
- Cholesterol 76mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .