small red potatoes (about 18), halved
kosher salt and black pepper
Italian sausage links (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
cornichons, chopped, plus 3 tablespoons of the brine
small sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla), chopped
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons salt. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausages to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornichon brine, mustard, remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, cornichons, onion, and parsley to the bowl and mix, mashing gently. Cut the sausages into large pieces and serve with the potatoes.