Slow-Cooker Sausages With Sauerkraut and Potatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds red new potatoes (about 18), halved if large
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds bratwurst links
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- toasted dark bread (such as pumpernickel), butter, and whole-grain mustard, for serving
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the potatoes, sauerkraut, onion, broth, wine, caraway seeds, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Nestle the bratwurst in the vegetables.
- Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- Sprinkle the bratwurst, potatoes, and sauerkraut with the parsley and serve with the toast, butter, and mustard.
- Per Serving
- Calories 652
- Fat 45g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 133mg
- Sodium 2,182mg
- Protein 26g
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 64mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Try a German beer, such as a light pilsner or a full-bodied dark beer, with this hearty meal.