- 1tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1pound Italian sausage links
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, leaves cut into 2-inch strips (about 12 cups)
- 2 15.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 400º F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, turning, until browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the carrots and garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the chard and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the beans, ½ cup water, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Nestle the sausages in the beans.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs and the remaining teaspoon of oil. Sprinkle over the sausage mixture. Transfer the skillet to oven; bake until golden, about 25 minutes.