- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 ounces grated fontina (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 4 cups cubed whole-grain bread
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with foil (not paper) liners.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausage, bell pepper, scallions, 1 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes; let cool slightly.
- Whisk together the eggs and half-and-half in a large bowl. Fold in the fontina, bread, and the sausage mixture; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Divide among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until cooked through, 18 to 22 minutes.