Sausage and Potato Pockets
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces fully cooked chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces Gruyère or Cheddar, grated (1 cup)
- 1 pound whole-grain or whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- flour, for the work surface
- Heat oven to 400° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the mushrooms, potatoes, and sausage with the oil and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool, transfer to a bowl, and fold in the spinach and Gruyère.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and, on a lightly floured surface, pull and roll each into a 6-inch round. Dividing evenly, spoon the spinach mixture onto one side of each round (about ⅔ cup per round), leaving a ½-inch border. Dot the border with water, fold the dough over to form a semicircle, and press firmly to seal; crimp, if desired.
- Place the pockets on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cut several slits in each, and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 pocket
- Calories 611
- Fat 24g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 66mg
- Sodium 1,299mg
- Protein 30g
- Carbohydrate 69g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 13g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 453mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The baked pockets can be kept, wrapped, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes from refrigerated or 4 to 5 minutes from frozen.