- 1/2pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2pound new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6ounces fully cooked chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4ounces Gruyère or Cheddar, grated (1 cup)
- 1pound whole-grain or whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- flour, for the work surface
- Heat oven to 400° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the mushrooms, potatoes, and sausage with the oil and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool, transfer to a bowl, and fold in the spinach and Gruyère.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and, on a lightly floured surface, pull and roll each into a 6-inch round. Dividing evenly, spoon the spinach mixture onto one side of each round (about ⅔ cup per round), leaving a ½-inch border. Dot the border with water, fold the dough over to form a semicircle, and press firmly to seal; crimp, if desired.
- Place the pockets on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cut several slits in each, and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.