Sausage and Peppers
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook, turning, until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in another skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook until soft and golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Toast rolls if desired. Halve the sausages lengthwise. Place 2 halves on the bottom of each roll and top with the pepper-onion mixture.
- Cover with another roll half, if desired. Serve the mustard on the side.
- Per Serving
- Calories 596Calories From Fat 55%
- Calcium 106mg
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Cholesterol 47mg
- Fat 37g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Protein 24mg
- Sat Fat 10g
- Sodium 1834mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To save minutes of cooking time, halve the sausage links lengthwise before adding them to the skillet.