Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 medium beefsteak tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella), quartered
- 1/4 cup torn basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 Italian sausage links
- 4 rolls, split
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, bocconcini, basil, oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, grill the rolls until slightly charred and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the sausages on grilled rolls and top with the tomato mixture.
- Per Serving
- Calories 530Calories From Fat 290
- Fat 32g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 46mg
- Sodium 1,319mg
- Protein 23g
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 153mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve with a Caesar salad. Whisk together 2 tablespoons each olive oil and fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 finely chopped clove garlic, and ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce. Toss with torn romaine lettuce and shaved Parmesan.