- 1 medium beefsteak tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella), quartered
- 1/4 cup torn basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 Italian sausage links
- 4 rolls, split
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, bocconcini, basil, oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, grill the rolls until slightly charred and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the sausages on grilled rolls and top with the tomato mixture.