- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1pound sweet Italian sausage links, casings removed and meat broken into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3cup all-purpose flour
- 3cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale, torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
- 2tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into florets
- 2 sheets puff pastry (one 17.3-ounce package), each cut into 4 rectangles
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a large bowl.
- Add the onions, rosemary, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the drippings in the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the broth and simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the kale, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing, until the kale is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the kale mixture and cauliflower to the sausage and toss to combine. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch or some other 3-quart baking dish and top with the puff pastry, overlapping the rectangles slightly.
- Bake until the pastry is golden and the filling is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.