Sausage With Cabbage and Corn Sauté
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Prick the sausages with a fork and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to plates.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the cabbage and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the sausage.
- Per Serving
- Calories 608
- Fat 43g
- Cholesterol 97mg
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Sodium 1918mg
- Protein 28g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 9g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To shred a head of cabbage, cut it in quarters through the stem, cut out and discard the core, then shred the quarters in a food processor or on a box grater.