- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 8 Italian sausages (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar
- 1cup corn kernels (from 2 ears or frozen and thawed)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Prick the sausages with a fork and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to plates.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the cabbage and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the sausage.