Italian sausages (about 1 1/2 pounds)
small head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
large onion, thinly sliced
corn kernels (from 2 ears or frozen and thawed)
kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Prick the sausages with a fork and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to plates.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the cabbage and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the sausage.