Sausage and Broccoli Calzones
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet and brushing
- 1 pound Italian sausage links (about 8)
- 1 pound plain or whole-wheat pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 3 cups grated mozzarella (12 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 425° F. Oil a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Slice.
- Shape the dough into four 8-inch rounds. Dividing evenly, top half of each round with the sausages, cheese, and broccoli. Fold the dough over and pinch the edges to seal. Place on the prepared baking sheet and brush with oil. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with the marinara sauce.
- Per Serving
- Calories 872Calories From Fat 475
- Protein 41g
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Fat 53g
- Sat Fat 19g
- Calcium 453mg
- Iron 4mg
- Sodium 1587mg
- Cholesterol 99mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the calzones with chopped romaine lettuce tossed with halved grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and your favorite vinaigrette.