- 1 pound plum or small tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 8 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken legs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 425° F with a rack in the highest position.
- Toss the tomatoes, olives, garlic, oil, and thyme in a 3-quart baking dish.
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Nestle the chicken, skin-side up, in the vegetables.
- Bake until the chicken is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest leg (avoiding the bone) registers 165° F, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm.