Satay Chicken Stir-Fry With Snow Peas
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 long red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, broth, sugar, and coconut milk; set aside.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch-wide strips. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, chili, ginger, and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and broccoli and cook until the vegetables are just tender, about 1 minute.
- Add the peanut sauce and cook until the mixture has thickened slightly and the chicken has cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve over rice, sprinkled with cilantro.
- Per Serving
- Calories 477Calories From Fat 189
- Fat 21g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 831mg
- Protein 41g
- Carbohydrate 32g
- Sugar 14g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 74mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .