Salt and Pepper Shrimp With Thai Fried Rice
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 4 cups frozen or day-old cooked rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 ounces Spanish chorizo (cured sausage), chopped (optional)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the shrimp with ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Roast until bright pink and cooked through, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and chorizo (if using) and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Make a space in the center of the rice and pour in the eggs, sesame oil, soy sauce, and scallions.
- Scramble the eggs until set, then stir them into the rice. Divide among bowls and serve with the shrimp.
- Per Serving
- Calories 559Calories From Fat 197
- Fat 22g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 384mg
- Sodium 945mg
- Protein 35g
- Carbohydrate 53g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 128mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .