frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp
kosher salt and pepper
small onion, chopped
finely chopped ginger
frozen or day-old cooked rice
Spanish chorizo (cured sausage), chopped (optional)
eggs, lightly beaten
bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the shrimp with ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Roast until bright pink and cooked through, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and chorizo (if using) and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Make a space in the center of the rice and pour in the eggs, sesame oil, soy sauce, and scallions.
- Scramble the eggs until set, then stir them into the rice. Divide among bowls and serve with the shrimp.