- 3/4 pound center-cut salmon fillet with skin
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Season the salmon with a little salt and the pepper. Pour the remaining salt into a large cast-iron skillet.
- Place the skillet over high heat until the salt begins to smoke. Put the salmon, skin-side down, on the salt.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes or just until the salmon is no longer translucent.
- Remove from heat. Lift the salmon fillet from the skin and serve.