- 1cup green lentils, rinsed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/2cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch arugula, torn (about 4 cups)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add the lentils and 1 teaspoon salt and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, onion, parsley, remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add the lentils and arugula to the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve with the salmon and lemon wedges.