green lentils, rinsed
kosher salt and black pepper
tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon
skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
red wine vinegar
red onion, chopped
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
bunch arugula, torn (about 4 cups)
lemon, cut into wedges
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add the lentils and 1 teaspoon salt and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, onion, parsley, remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add the lentils and arugula to the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve with the salmon and lemon wedges.