Salmon With Brown Butter and Almonds
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the fish until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to individual plates.
- Meanwhile, fill a second skillet with ½ inch of water, bring to a boil, and add ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Add the green beans to the second skillet, cover, and steam until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to plates.
- Wipe out the green bean skillet and heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the almonds and cook, stirring frequently, until almonds and butter are golden brown (but not burned), 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the capers. Spoon over fish and beans.
- Per Serving
- Calories 396
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Sodium 506mg
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 77mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Green beans with brown butter and almonds is an easy, impressive dish for company. Serve it alongside a roasted chicken.