- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 small summer squash (about 1½ pounds), thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400º F. Place the salmon on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Rub the salmon with the brown sugar, ancho chili, and ½ teaspoon salt. Roast until opaque, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the squash, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes; fold in the scallions. Serve with the fish.