- 1/4cup roasted almonds
- 3/4cup roasted red peppers
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1tablespoon sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 salmon steaks (1 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, trimmed and sliced crosswise
- Heat oven to 425° F with the racks in the upper and lower thirds. Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped, 10 to 20 seconds. Add the red peppers, garlic, vinegar, paprika, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Pulse until a smooth sauce forms, 10 to 20 seconds.
- Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast on the bottom rack until opaque throughout, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the asparagus, chard, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper on a separate large rimmed baking sheet. Arrange in an even layer. Roast on the top rack, tossing once, until crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Divide the salmon into 4 portions and serve with the chard and asparagus, topped with the almond–red pepper sauce.